Sindh CM Reviews Karachi Development Projects, Announces Opening of Azeempura Flyover on June 15

Islamabad (Qudrat Daily) — Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah reviewed several major infrastructure projects in Karachi during his fifth consecutive Sunday visit, including the BRT Red Line mixed traffic corridor, the under-construction Azeempura Flyover, and the recently inaugurated Bhutto Highway.
Following his visit to Bhutto Highway, the chief minister announced that the Azeempura Flyover would be inaugurated and opened for traffic on June 15.
Expressing satisfaction over the progress of the Red Line project, Murad Ali Shah directed authorities to ensure completion of the flyover by the announced date. He also ordered 24-hour police patrolling on Bhutto Highway, a ban on motorcycle entry, and the immediate activation of the e-challan system to improve public safety and traffic discipline.
Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon and Karachi Mayor Murtaza Wahab accompanied the chief minister during the visit. Several senior officials, including Karachi Commissioner Hassan Naqvi, Additional IG Karachi Javed Alam Odho, Transport Secretary Asad Zamin, FWO Commander Brigadier Adnan, TransKarachi CEO Zubair Channa, and Water Board CEO Ahmed Siddiqui, were also present.
At the Azeempura Flyover site, Mayor Murtaza Wahab briefed the chief minister on the ongoing work and overall progress of the project. During an on-site inspection, Murad Ali Shah reiterated that the flyover would be formally opened on June 15 and instructed the project director to accelerate work while maintaining construction quality and minimizing inconvenience to citizens.
Officials informed the chief minister that the flyover would significantly reduce traffic congestion and improve connectivity between Azeempura, Malir Halt, and Korangi Road corridor, while also easing traffic pressure on Shahrah-e-Faisal and adjoining roads.
During his visit to Bhutto Highway, the chief minister reviewed security and traffic management arrangements. At Shah Faisal Toll Plaza, he chaired a meeting with senior police officers led by the Additional IG Karachi and directed authorities to establish police checkpoints at every interchange and strictly enforce the motorcycle ban.
He also ordered immediate implementation of the e-challan system and strict enforcement of the 100 km/h speed limit and seat belt regulations, warning that one-way traffic violations would not be tolerated.
Earlier, the chief minister also inspected the BRT Red Line project for the fifth consecutive Sunday and expressed satisfaction over progress on the mixed traffic corridor and drainage works. He said the government’s continuous monitoring was producing visible results on the ground.
Murad Ali Shah began his inspection from Dawood University Globe Roundabout and traveled up to Safora Chowrangi, reviewing ongoing construction, traffic management, utility relocation, and drainage infrastructure work along the route.
Transport Minister Sharjeel Memon and TransKarachi CEO Zubair Channa briefed the chief minister on progress made on Lot-2 of the Red Line BRT project from Numaish to Mosamiyat.
Officials stated that work on mixed traffic lanes, drainage systems, utility relocation, and delineator walls was continuing simultaneously. So far, significant progress had been achieved on asphalt binder lanes, subgrade work, aggregate base, pipe drainage systems, and box drains.
The chief minister emphasized that the Red Line BRT project was among Karachi’s most important urban transport initiatives and directed all departments and contractors to maintain the pace of work to ensure timely completion.
He further instructed authorities to increase manpower and machinery where necessary and ensure close coordination among utility agencies, TransKarachi, and FWO to avoid delays.
Murad Ali Shah said the visible progress made in recent weeks reflected the government’s commitment to completing the project and providing Karachi citizens with a modern, efficient, and environment-friendly transport system.





