Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo Hints Current Season Could Be His Last in Football

LISBON:Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has opened up about his retirement plans, hinting that the current season could potentially be his final campaign as a professional footballer.
The 41-year-old forward, who married his longtime partner Georgina Rodriguez on Tuesday, is now considering structuring his future more closely around his family.
According to international media reports, Ronaldo said in an interview following his wedding that this could be his final year in football and that he wanted to leave behind a remarkable legacy.
“I think this could be my last year in football, and I want to leave a great legacy,” Ronaldo said.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner said he had already planned much of his life after football and would have plenty of activities to keep himself occupied once he steps away from the sport.
Ronaldo said he wants to spend more time enjoying life, travelling, playing and watching padel, and appreciating the achievements of his career.
He described his football journey as one built on 25 years of sacrifice.
Ronaldo has won the Ballon d’Or five times and lifted the UEFA Champions League trophy five times. He has also won league titles in England, Spain, Italy and Saudi Arabia and holds the record for the most goals in men’s international football.
The Portugal captain has been playing for Saudi Pro League champions Al-Nassr for nearly four years and still has one year remaining on his current contract.
When asked in July whether the upcoming FIFA World Cup would be his last, Ronaldo said he would consult his family before making a decision and would approach it with a “calm mind.”

Related News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
WhatsApp
Get Alert